You've probably looked into a Brazilian butt lift (BBL) surgery if getting a rounder and curvier bottom is on your wish list. Anyone who wants to improve their flat back, develop a more symmetrical derriere, or get rid of sagging skin can consider a BBL surgery.
Get Ready to Look Your Best! Check Out the Top Ten Plastic Surgeries and Learn How to Pay for Them
A BBL is sometimes listed under the "Mommy Makeover" package, which combines a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and liposuction. Celebrities with curved bottoms are fuelling the BBL craze, but then patients love the procedure for various other reasons. Flexible payment plans and financing are some of the options patients choose nowadays, making it easier for them to afford the services they want.
What Does BBL Mean?
Brazilian butt lift (BBL) is a cosmetic surgery procedure that enhances the shape and size of a person's rear. This procedure removes fat from other areas of the body, such as the abdomen, hips, and thighs using liposuction techniques.
This fat is then purified and injected into the buttocks to create a more lifted, rounder, and fuller appearance.
BBL Before and After: Do's and Don'ts
Do's and Don'ts Before BBL Surgery:
- Quit smoking and don't drink alcohol.
- Eat healthy food and drink lots of water.
- Keep your weight in a healthy range.
- Get yourself mentally ready for the procedure.
- Create a comfortable space for your recovery.
- Have loose clothes available that are easy to wear.
Do's and Don'ts After BBL Surgery:
- After your Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery, try not to sit too much at least for three weeks.
- Avoid activities like squatting or stretching, as they can cause damage or shift the transferred fat.
- Not to Sleep on your back, try sleeping on your side or stomach if it's more comfortable.
- Stay away from smoking, vaping, or using any tobacco products.
- Don't use ice, as it can slow down blood circulation if your skin gets too cold.
- Take short, leisurely walks twice a day to improve blood flow in your body.
How Does Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery Work?
It's crucial to carefully follow your doctor's instructions after a Brazilian butt lift surgery. If you don’t, you may end up killing the transferred fat cells. As a result, there is a lower chance that the surgery will yield the desired results.
Here’s a list of a few possible complications you may experience and actions to take after a BBL surgery.
Bruising and swelling directly after surgery
After liposuction, patients are likely to bruise and swell in that area. Although it may be challenging at first, you must stand up and move around. This can help in the general process of recovery.
Wear compression garments
Patients must cover the operated areas with a compression garment for eight weeks.
Avoid sitting on the butt
It's crucial to avoid sitting on the butt for at least 8 weeks after getting a BBL. Sitting on it might cause indentations or the death of fat cells.
Try sleeping on the sides or stomach
For the first eight weeks following surgery, the patient should sleep on their sides or stomach to prevent harming fat cells.
Avoid activities that involve bouncing
Patients shouldn't do much in the first month after surgery. Avoid any activity that involves bouncing in particular.
How Much Does a BBL Cost?
The average cost for a brazilian butt lift typically falls between $6,000-$12,000. However, it's important to note that BBL price can vary significantly based on several factors.
How much is a BBL?
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of buttock augmentation with fat grafting is $4,807. Moreover, the average cost of butt implants is $5,278 and the average cost of a buttock lift is $5,482.
It includes anesthesia, operating room equipment, and other related costs, which are only a portion of the entire cost. Patients can get the entire information from their surgeon’s office.
The cost of buttock augmentation surgery depends on the surgeon's experience, the kind of treatment done, and the location of their practice. However, many plastic surgeons provide flexible patient payment plans. So don’t forget to ask your doctor about it. It’s more important to ask that question since most health insurance companies do not cover BBL procedures.
Brazilian butt lift cost includes:
- Surgeon's fee- The cost of a BBL typically includes the surgeon's fee, which is an average of $4000 to $5000.
- Hospital or surgical facility costs- The facility cost can range from $2000 to $12000 depending on the complexity of the procedure and region.
- Anesthesia fees- Depending on the case, a Brazilian butt lift can be performed either under IV sedation or general anesthesia and ranges from $500 to $3500.
- Prescriptions for medication- The patient should consider additional expenses. These include the price of any prescription medications a patient would need.
- Post-surgery garments- Patients need to wear compression garments for several weeks following their BBL surgery. On average, compression garments or fajas worn after a Brazilian butt lift can cost between $100 to $150.
- Any special pillows for the patient’s recovery- The cost of a Brazilian butt lift also includes any special pillows that the patient needs for recovery.
- Medical tests- Patients must consider the medical test expenses.
Does Insurance Cover Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery?
It’s hard to say whether a specific plastic surgery falls under an insurance policy because decisions may differ from case to case. Once again, the cause of the surgery is usually the deciding factor in whether the insurance will reimburse the cost.
Brazilian butt lifts are cosmetic procedures rather than medically required ones. Therefore, insurance doesn’t cover the procedure and its outcomes.
If there is a documented medical concern, such as extra skin causing an infection, or another medical issue requiring BBL surgery, insurance may cover it.
What Are The Other Payment Options For a Brazilian Butt Lift?
However, many plastic surgeons offer flexible payment plans to patients who can’t afford or have no financing alternatives. A patient can spread payments over a certain period in reasonable monthly installments. This avoids the no-shows and appointment cancellations for businesses and allows patients to get a BBL whenever they want.
Let Denefits Help You to Make Your Healthcare Services More Affordable and Accessible to Your Customers
Some surgeons offer payment plans to patients using third-party software, like Denefits so that they won’t lose anyone and generate more revenue. Denefits’ no credit check policy coupled with high approvals makes it one of the best options for both parties.
More people are considering a Brazilian butt lift (BBL) as they desire a curvy silhouette. Although this surgery has a reputation for being risky and expensive, it may help you get the figure of your dreams. Ensure you ask your surgeon about the payment options to manage your budget accordingly.
Whether you are planning or want to plan a BBL, don't forget to ask your surgeon if they are working with Denefits. You can afford the procedure more easily than you imagine.